Sunday, July 19, 2009

Kreativ Blogger Award

Great thanks to Tracie of Bitter Sweet Flavours and Missy of Sweet Crumbs for passing the Kreativ Blogger Award to me. It's my first award!


The Kreativ Blogger Award comes with some rules:

1. You must thank the person who has given you the award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who has nominated you for the award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on which of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated

It's hard to think of something interesting about me. So I shall change this to 7 types of cakes that I wish to try or improve on.

1. Sponge cakes - Hope to make one that is really soft and will not turn dry so easily. Intend to try making sponge cakes using the method similar to chiffon cakes by separating the egg yolks and egg whites too.

2. Chiffon cakes - Although I have some successful attempts, I still fail sometimes. Hope to be more consistent in future.

3. Swiss rolls - I never got this right so far! All my swiss rolls crack!

4. Cupcakes - I wish I could make pretty cupcakes.

5. Cartoon cakes - Want to do a cartoon cake for my nephew and niece. But ahem... I have no idea how to do it.

6. Layered cream cakes - I'm just not confident about decorating cakes. I'm pretty clumsy in handling the cream, not creative, and clueless about decorating.

7. Mooncakes - I promise to make mooncakes this year. :)

The next seven 'Kreativ Blogger' holders would be..
Happy Home Baking
Kitchen Corner
Passionate About Baking
The Adventures of Giggle!!!
....a little diary of mine
Honey Bee Sweets
Happy Flour