Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Pancakes

Tried out 2 types of pancakes over the last 2 weeks.


This is from Elyn's Nigella's Pancakes. I like its premix method. You can prepare in advance by mixing large quantities of the dry ingredients and store them in an air-tight container. Whenever you need to make the pancakes, just scoop up 1 cup of the premix and mix with egg, milk, butter and vanilla essence to prepare the batter. These pancakes are SUPER soft and my nephew finished 6 pieces at one go.


This is another type of pancake from Korea called Hoddeok. The recipe is taken from My Korean Kitchen. It looks quite appetizing from the website's photos. I stuff the pancakes with sweet peanut fillings. But I did not do a good job when making the pancakes. The dough is kind of hard and dry. If only I had the chance to try the real Hoddeok from Korea, then I can compare how bad I did. ;)