Monday, May 05, 2008

Yummy cream cheese...

4 May 2008

As I have only used half a block of cream cheese for the Easy Peach Cheesecake, I need to decide what to bake using the remaining cream cheese. This pack of cream cheese costs me $5 now, last time it used to be about $3.95. Getting more expensive, which will restrict me from baking cheesecakes. Ok, I'm stingy lah. ;)


So first, I make the Cream Cheese Bread from KWF. Just use only 50g of cream cheese. No regrets at all. It is the SOFTEST bread I have made so far. Though I have mentioned that baking bread in a breadmachine gives thick and hard crust, this cream cheese bread still remains very very soft. I have problems slicing the bread properly. Definitely a must try recipe!


With 75g of cream cheese left, I initially wanted to make the Japanese Cheesecake again. But decide to try something new. So I choose the Chocolate Chips Cream Cheese Muffins from Aunty Yochana which has been on my "to-do" list quite a while.


The looks of my muffins is not that good compared to Aunty Yochana. I have filled the batter to about 3/4 full but it seems that the muffins do not rise that much during baking, so results in a "short" muffin.


But it doesn't really matter. Look at the nice fillings inside! The muffins taste wonderful with the cream cheese fillings! It confirms to me that anything can't go wrong with cream cheese. I just love it!