Sunday, January 20, 2008

CNY Cookies 1

20 January 2008

Yes, I'm a bit excited. Today I bake my first batch of CNY cookies - cornflake cookies. As it is only my first try, I use only half the recipe and I take the whole morning to do it.


I use a recipe taken from a book and I suspect that the recipe is not very accurate. The dough is very sticky and I am unable to roll them into little balls as the dough keep sticking to my hands. I have to add more flour, little at a time until it doesn't stick anymore. Then, just roll the little balls with more cornflakes, place them in little paper cups and bake.


I make 40 little cornflake cookies and put them nicely in a container just like those selling outside. I wonder if they taste good as compared to the commercial ones (actually I have not tried cornflakes cookies before, haha!). But I'm quite sure I will not buy any cornflakes cookies this year, cos nothing can beat home-made cookies. :)

Cornflake Cookies
(Original recipe from Easy Cookies)

Ingredients (makes 40 with half the recipe)
200g butter
200g castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 eggs
240g plain flour (recommend to add more if the dough is too soft)
1 tsp baking powder
30g ground cornflakes
60g cornflakes, for coating

Method
1. Cream butter and sugar. Add in egg and essence, mix well.
2. Fold in sifted flour and baking powder gradually. Then add in ground cornflakes. Knead to form dough.
3. Roll small dough into round shape, then roll with cornflakes. Put into paper cups.
4. Bake at 180C for about 15 minutes.