Saturday, September 29, 2007

Banana & Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

28 September 2007

I don't really like banana cakes or anything food that is related to bananas, like banana milk, etc. I prefer eating fresh bananas actually. This banana cupcake recipe that I have tried doesn't have the strong banana taste, perhaps it's because I omit the banana essence. It's just a basic cupcake recipe with mashed banana added. I added extra chocolate chips to my own liking.


This recipe has been reduced because of my small family size and we don't like to eat too much sweet foods. :)

Ingredients (5 small cupcakes)
50g unsalted butter, softened
50g caster sugar
50g eggs (1 small egg)
50g self-raising flour
30g banana, mashed (2 small ones)
1/4 tsp banana essence (I omit this)
extra chocolate chips to your own liking

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 175C. Place paper baking cases in muffin tins.
2. Combine butter, sugar, eggs and flour in a mixer. Beat until smooth and pale, about 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add in mashed bananas, banana essence and chocolate chips and mix until combined. Spoon the batter into the cases. Bake for 20 minutes.
4. Remove the tins from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Then remove the cupcakes and cool on a rack.